I cut the pieces for Amy Butler's Cabo Halter a while ago - probably last summer. I finally sewed it together recently. It fits me perfectly and I love the fabric I ended up choosing (which was not what I originally bought for this pattern).
I made a quilt for Honey a few weeks back, mainly just for practice and to give her a new toy. I made it with scraps of fabric that I had around and some binding I had in my stash. I also sewed in a couple ribbons and a toy mouse (by the tail). The quilt is layered like this: back fabric piece, light weight batting, sprinkled cat nip, a couple sheets of tissue paper, and the sewn squares. I then quilted it randomly (and not at all evenly - some parts are puckered), and then added the binding. With the tissue paper, it's a nice scrunchy toy with the added attraction of cat nip. She seems to love it and both plays with it (scrunch it up and play with the ribbons and mouse), and naps on it.
This nightie pattern is in the book Chic and Simple Sewing by Christine Haynes. It was definitely simple since it took me only a couple hours to make. The fabric is satin that I found at JoAnn's, along with the lace which seemed to coordinate perfectly. I used the large size pattern even though this should have been too small for me given that the book's size large was supposed to be at least 4" too small for me. In other words, for someone who really has that bust size, this nightie would have been huge on them.
I finished two projects this weekend after not having sewn anything in probably six months or more. I don't have a craft room in my new place so I don't have my machine set up all the time as I used to. Anyway, I took out my tables, fabrics, machine, books, etc. and got to work this weekend.
I had a set of Hello Betty by Moda pre-cut squares and used less than half of them to put together a doll's quilt. I did this mainly because I have never made a quilt before and wanted to try something small and simple before embarking on a larger project.
I didn't really use a pattern other than referencing a few different ones just to get the basic idea. I laid out the squares in the order I wanted them, sewed them into strips, and then sewed the strips together. I sandwiched some lightweight batting with blue and white gingham that I have had in my stash forever and stitched "in the ditch". Instead of binding, I used some green piping which I've also had in my stash for a while.
I finished the quilt in just a couple hours and immediately began on a bag I've been wanting to make for a while. I loved the Very Pretty Japanese Handbag from The Purl Bee ever since it was first posted. Only about a month after I first saw it, I found the exact same handles in a craft store in Singapore.
For the outer fabric, I used the blue side of a thicker weight double-sided fabric. For the lining, I used a coordinating blue linen blend fabric. Both I found at JoAnn's Fabrics.
I didn't have the actual Japanese pattern shown in the blog post so I just created one myself by approximating the sizes based on the size of the handles. It is definitely not perfect. I would definitely make it a little smaller at the top (the scrunched part), as well as decreasing the length of the square part at the bottom (the vertical part) so that the side corner seams are not so high up on the sides (in other words, the base would be thinner from front to back). Overall, though, I really like this fabric and how well the bag came out.